The decision to use fillers is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of dermal fillers are acceptable.
Cosmetic procedures should always be administered by a professional, to reduce the risk of complications. Dr. Caroline MacLeod is a experienced Doctor in Cairns who has extensive training and knowledge in cosmetic procedures and injectables. Your health and well-being are paramount.
Complications from dermal fillers are uncommon. Potential risks vary depending on the specific filler used and the relative permanence of the filler substance and include:
- Acne-like skin eruptions
- Bruising, bleeding from the injection site, swelling
- Damage to the skin that results in a wound and possible scarring
- Infection at the injection site
- Palpability of the filler under the surface of the skin
- Skin rash with itching
- Skin redness
- Under- or over-correction of wrinkles
- Skin necrosis (ulceration or loss of skin from disruption of blood flow)
In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single procedure. Most fillers do dissipate over time. To maintain your correction, you will need to consider repeating the injection process at intervals.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Caroline MacLeod and the friendly team at the Ocean Health Clinic to discuss any concerns prior to your appointment.